As students, we understand your concern as a parent when your child enters university. That’s why we welcome you to join us at SMU Parents' Day: an activity-filled event designed to answer your concerns, introduce you to our friendly faculty and staff, and show you what life is like here in SMU.
SMU Parents' Day is an annual event organised by the SMU Ambassadorial Corps – student representatives that host distinguished guests at SMU and work closely with the SMU administration in organising and managing university projects that reach out to the university's stakeholders.
Each session of SMU Parents’ Day is tailored to the different schools and includes:
- A dinner and mingling session with faculty, student representatives, staff from the various offices, and Ambassadors
- A panel discussion and Q&A session, with our Deans, faculty, alumni and students
- A campus tour where you will experience SMU’s unique style of learning and find out more about studying, overseas opportunities, and internships at SMU
Through the personal reflections and stories about student life from the SMU community, you will learn more about:
- Key SMU Experiences – Milestones that your child will experience as an SMU student
- Personal Growth Opportunities – All the different ways in which your child can shape their personal growth at SMU
- Future Prospects of an SMU Student – Career prospects for SMU students after graduation
- Role of Parents – What parents can do to support their children in their SMU journey
- Support from SMU – Financial assistance, growth opportunities, and more
So join us at SMU Parents' Day and find out what makes us truly different; through exploring, engaging and experiencing!
You can sign up for SMU Parents' Day 2017 here!
Check out our Facebook Page for photos from past years.