The SMU Ambassadorial Corps (ASMU) was set up in August 2003 to offer exemplary SMU undergraduates the opportunity to hone their skills as external relations representatives of the university. Our Ambassadors engage external guests, such as foreign VIP delegates and prospective students, on their visits to SMU as well as at important school functions.
What we do:
As an SMU Ambassador, you will be part of a diverse group of students that bring recognition to SMU. Beyond hosting distinguished guests on Campus Tours, you will have the opportunity to represent SMU at various forums, conferences and functions. In addition, you will be at the forefront of university projects that are part of SMU Vision 2025, working closely with the university's administration in reaching out to the school’s external stakeholders.
Through these avenues, you will be able to share your stories and shape the future of SMU.
A unique learning experience:
Our people are our greatest assets. On top of the opportunity to share your stories with SMU’s different stakeholders, you will have the chance to grow and develop in the following areas:
1. Public relations and communication
4. Events organization
Applicants should fulfill the following:
1. Be in their first or second year of study.
2. Third year students on a 5-year program may be considered.
3. Demonstrate alignment to our Corps Values.
4. Be actively involved in SMU related activities and have had a vibrant SMU experience.
5. Be passionate about SMU and are eager to share their SMU experiences.